Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Still going strong!

My nurse just called with my second round of bloodwork. The beta (hcg) level went up to 958! They want the number to double over 48 hours and that is triple! I asked if that is because there are 2 growing in there, and she said not necessarily, it just proves that whatever is happening is going strong! Whew!

So what's next? A third round of bloodwork on Monday morning, and then the first ultrasound can be scheduled after 6 weeks, which would be December 11. I'm hoping i can get an appointment for that exact date! The ultrasound should show how many sacs are developing in there.

OK, so two milestones down. BFP: check. Doubling betas: check. Next one: make it past 6 weeks. That is a HUGE one for me. But today I am 4 weeks 6 days pregnant, and all I can do is focus on today!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! What an awesome number. I think mine just doubled - tripling is definitely a good sign, I would agree! Remember, you are 50% of the way there and that's getting pregnant - which is really the hardest part. I pray this next week (and 1 day!) goes super fast for you so you can build a little more confidence after surpassing the 6 week mark and seeing your little one (or two!!) in ultrasound. You're on your way and I'm so happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you and M. That's great the numbers are doing so well!! So Dec 11 would make a great slightly belated birthday present for yourself. :) Go go go go. What a great way to wrap up the week!
    -R in NYC

    ReplyDelete