I had made a promise to myself that if everything went well today I would do my best to start believing in this little guy and stop assuming that something is going to go wrong to take it all away from us. So today is the first day of my new optimistic attitude. Baby Lowe is not going anywhere! This is the one that was meant to be. In August I will be holding this baby in my arms, not just in my heart.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Heartbeat, sweet heartbeat!
This morning we had an appointment at the OB and we were able to hear the baby's heart beating! We had previously SEEN the heart beating on ultrasound, but today they used a Doppler machine so that we could HEAR it! It took a little bit to find, which definitely frightened me a little, but it turns out that the nurse needed to put the instrument a little lower on my belly and then it came up right away. It was a beautiful sound! I had asked M to record video on his phone so we could play it back...but we were a little overwhelmed and it never happened. Also, the nurse didn't tell me what the heartrate was and I didn't think to ask. I was just on cloud nine breathing a huge sigh of relief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations, this is so wonderful! When we had our first ultrasounds and dr's appointments, our specialist reassured us that after 10 weeks the risk of loss drops significantly. Your bean is thriving!
ReplyDelete-Carrie
Such fantastic news! I love your commitment to an optimistic attitude, too! Even if you have a couple emotional bumps in the road (cause we all do!)--this baby is yours!!!!
ReplyDelete