Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

On Wednesday we went in for an ultrasound and doctor's appointment. We knew that we were going to find out the gender of our baby, and I was like a kid on Christmas! I barely slept the night before. Most friends were guessing boy, a poll of my students showed that more of them were predicting boy than girl, and since I have been calling the baby Mike Jr. I decided to predict boy as well.

While we were sitting in the doctor's office waiting room, the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" came on the radio. I started singing along without realizing it, and then I turned to Mike and told him that song was a sign that we were about to find out we were having a girl. Fast forward 10 minutes, and there we were with the ultrasound tech showing us the "girl parts"! The ultrasound itself was completely surreal. We got to see lots of body parts, including all 4 chambers of her heart beating, her entire spine, and several cute profiles. She was squirming around in there too!

Here is her cute little head and body:
This is one of her very long legs! I hope she gets Daddy's height and isn't doomed to the petites section like me!
OK, so apparently the white spots are the "girl parts".
One last parting shot of her head:

We won't get to see her again until 36 weeks. Boo. But I'll keep you updated on how this little girl is causing me to change as she grows in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment