Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

this is what i think about when i have insomnia

The feelings and emotions that come with the end of pregnancy can be very overwhelming!! I would like to blame the hormones, but in actuality I think it's just part of the whole experience.

As the little ticker on the top of this page says, I love every day that I get to be pregnant. It's been an amazing experience, seeing and feeling all the changes in my body and knowing that I am nurturing and growing a new life inside of me! I've enjoyed seeing how people have reacted to this baby...my husband, my parents, my sisters, my inlaws, my friends...and the amount of love and support has been overwhelming. Baby Girl (or Babby Gril if you are one of my awesome 3rd grade spellers) is so lucky to be joining a world that wants her here so badly!

I don't know if I will ever get to experience this again. Unlike most women who just assume that they can have the family and kids they've always dreamed of, I know differently. It was a hard fought battle to get to this point. Not to say that it will definitely be as challenging if we decide to go for it again, but just that I am aware of the fact that it could be. And so I appreciate every day of this pregnancy even more!

At the same time, I kind of feel ready for it to be over. It's really hard for me to admit that, having said everything I said above. At this point, though, the waiting is excruciating. She could decide to come out any day now, or I could end up being induced at 41 weeks. There's no way to tell! Being in limbo is killing me. I am so impatient to meet this little girl!! What will she look like? What kind of temperament will she have? Whose personality will she get? I just want her out and in my arms. We're ready for you, sweetheart!

3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful emotions!!! You sure have embraced all this pregnancy has to offer! I couldn't agree with you more that living as though you may never get the experience again is truly the most honest way to embrace pregnancy. I'm hopeful it's not the last time you get to be this uncomfortable, this in love with someone you haven't met in person yet, and this excited for what tomorrow may bring! There is no doubt you have cherished each moment to the fullest! You have one lucky little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just gave me chills. I feel I can relate so closely to what those last days feel like and how much time your mind has to wander and think (and think and think) about so much that is still unknown. I also got the chills just thinking back and knowing exactly what it took for you and your baby girl to get here. So happy for you and waiting on pins and needles right along with you now. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is a most amazing gift to give a child. This testimony of your journey is another amazing gift for her. I am so excited for you and M...and your daughter!
    diana

    ReplyDelete