This is a recap of the journey thus far. (along with some explanations of abbreviations I may be using on this blog)
May 2008 We were thrilled beyond belief when we found out I was pregnant after just a few months of trying! My first BFP (Big Fat Positive)!!!
June 2008 Crushed when I lost the first pregnancy at 6 weeks
Summer 2008 Took OB's advice to wait 2 cycles before trying again. Enjoyed a fun summer and bought our house at the end of August.
September 2008 Cautiously thrilled about another BFP
October 2008 Another loss at 6 weeks
November 2008 Began seeing a specialist (reproductive endocrinologist or RE) and underwent extensive blood tests and other exams to find out what was going on. All results were normal, which was good news.
January 2009 New Year, New Hope. Cleared to start trying to conceive (TTC) again and we approached it with optimism that the 3rd time would be the charm!
January-June 2009 6 straight months of BFNs (Big Fat Negatives). RE suggested we try a more aggressive approach and try an IUI (intrauterine insemination).
mid July 2009 enjoyed an amazing trip to Ireland
late July 2009 first IUI...no success
August 2009 second IUI...no success
September 2009 Decided to seek a second opinion with a new RE who we are so far thrilled with! I also started a Yoga for Fertility class which has been really wonderful.
And now here we are in October, 1 year after my second miscarriage. When I went through it last year, it never crossed my mind that a year later i would still not be pregnant. More to come on what we are currently doing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment